At the annual members meeting on 28 July 2018 a decision was taken to make me (Bill Gee) the primary administrator of the CCC web site. Marty Griffin remains as a backup admin, but he has passed the primary responsibility over to me.
Over the last few weeks I have been learning WordPress and making modifications to the site. The changes are nearly done. Almost everything has been revisited. Here is a short list of changes:
* Upgraded to latest version of WordPress.
* Upgraded several plugins including the photo galler manager and the form manager.
* Completely reorganized the photos section. There were many photos in the wrong place, and also a lot of duplicates.
* The bylaws and constitution are now a menu item off the main page. They are much easier to find now.
* The links to Google Calendar and Twitter now work.
* The link to the old web site is gone. All relevant content from it (mainly the 2002 MVOR photos) has been moved to the new site.
* The forms for trip reports, trip requests and member application have been revised.
* https (secure connections) are now the default.
* The site recognizes and reformats itself when viewed on mobile devices.
Changes yet to be done:
* I want to make a page for each committee that lists their goals and objectives.
* Rick Hines and I will revisit all of the photos. I expect the photo galleries to change and expand over the next couple of months.
If you have comments or suggestions, please use the comment form below.