The attached document is an outline of the topics covered during trip leader training. Although it is mainly intended for those who are leading trips in Carroll Cave, the information is useful to anyone who participates on a trip.
This outline was created some years ago. It is still relevant, though a few items are dated.
From Rick Hines, president of the Carroll Cave Conservancy:
On December 28, 2018, the Carroll Cave Conservancy became the owner of six acres of land around the back door entrance, a 40-foot easement from the back door entrance to the road, and cave rights under 479 acres! We purchased three acres for $6,000 but the remainder was donated by Chris Danuser. The purchase was funded by a donation of $6,000 by caver Ron Jaeger. Part of the agreement requires us to construct a fence around our six acres which will cost around $3,000 of which Danuser is paying $1,500.
The document also contains meeting minutes from CCC meetings 1995 through December 2000.
Over the last few weeks I have been learning WordPress and making modifications to the site. The changes are nearly done. Almost everything has been revisited. Here is a short list of changes:
* Upgraded to latest version of WordPress.
* Upgraded several plugins including the photo galler manager and the form manager.
* Completely reorganized the photos section. There were many photos in the wrong place, and also a lot of duplicates.
* The bylaws and constitution are now a menu item off the main page. They are much easier to find now.
* The links to Google Calendar and Twitter now work.
* The link to the old web site is gone. All relevant content from it (mainly the 2002 MVOR photos) has been moved to the new site.
* The forms for trip reports, trip requests and member application have been revised.
* https (secure connections) are now the default.
* The site recognizes and reformats itself when viewed on mobile devices.
Changes yet to be done:
* I want to make a page for each committee that lists their goals and objectives.
* Rick Hines and I will revisit all of the photos. I expect the photo galleries to change and expand over the next couple of months.
If you have comments or suggestions, please use the comment form below.