From Rick Hines, president of the Carroll Cave Conservancy:
On December 28, 2018, the Carroll Cave
Conservancy became the owner of six acres of land around the back
door entrance, a 40-foot easement from the back door entrance to the
road, and cave rights under 479 acres! We purchased three acres for
$6,000 but the remainder was donated by Chris Danuser. The purchase
was funded by a donation of $6,000 by caver Ron Jaeger. Part of the
agreement requires us to construct a fence around our six acres which
will cost around $3,000 of which Danuser is paying $1,500.read more
The document linked below contains all of the trip reports from the trash sink dig project. This was ultimately unsuccessful which led to the blasting project that opened the back door to Carroll Cave.
The document also contains meeting minutes from CCC meetings 1995 through December 2000.
At the annual members meeting on 28 July 2018 a decision was taken to make me (Bill Gee) the primary administrator of the CCC web site. Marty Griffin remains as a backup admin, but he has passed the primary responsibility over to me.
Over the last few weeks I have been learning WordPress and making modifications to the site. The changes are nearly done. Almost everything has been revisited. Here is a short list of changes:
* Upgraded to latest version of WordPress.
* Upgraded several plugins including the photo galler manager and the form manager.
* Completely reorganized the photos section. There were many photos in the wrong place, and also a lot of duplicates.
* The bylaws and constitution are now a menu item off the main page. They are much easier to find now.
* The links to Google Calendar and Twitter now work.
* The link to the old web site is gone. All relevant content from it (mainly the 2002 MVOR photos) has been moved to the new site.
* The forms for trip reports, trip requests and member application have been revised.
* https (secure connections) are now the default.
* The site recognizes and reformats itself when viewed on mobile devices.
Changes yet to be done:
* I want to make a page for each committee that lists their goals and objectives.
* Rick Hines and I will revisit all of the photos. I expect the photo galleries to change and expand over the next couple of months.
If you have comments or suggestions, please use the comment form below.